The end.

August 17th, 2010 erdiru11

After ten busy weeks, my internship with the Avon Foundation for Women has come to a close. My last week was just as crazy as any other, even though graduation was over. My team and I managed to get about 400 RepKits shipped, which had been my most time-consuming task for the past two weeks. On Thursday, the team threw me a farewell/thank you pizza party, which was an incredibly nice gesture. They also got me delicious cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery and a thoughtful card!

On Friday, all the interns met with our HR supervisor for a goodbye lunch (on Avon!) and wrap-up meeting. 4 o’clock rolled around all too quickly, because I hadn’t had a chance to pack up my cube at that point. I rushed through my cleaning and said a heartfelt goodbye to the Foundation. Then, I was out the door for the last time L

This summer was different from my previous summers, but very instrumental in shaping my career goals and professional skills. I am so thankful to have met such a wonderful team within the Foundation. I have learned so much that I can take with me to my future employment experiences, but I will still be sure to keep in touch with the Foundation as I move forward post-graduation. I plan to volunteer at the New York Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in October, so that I can learn about the event that I did so much prep for and so that I can see my team members again!

See you all back on the Hill!